Never Underestimate the Power of Words.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

About Me etc.

I love to read. I love to write. My imagination runs free most of the time. I find something to write about when I allow myself to wander. To me, the imagination is a writer's best friend.

 In books, I prefer fictional stories, especially historical fiction. My own writing is all fiction. I've been busy writing a few novels that are just waiting to be published. I can dream, can't I?  
 I fairly enjoy writing poetry because of its power to bring forth unparalleled emotions and images in as little as a few lines. Free style works best, I think, because there really are no rules to follow.

My favorite author is Jane Austen. Her books were the reason I began taking writing seriously.
Here is one of many sites: http://www.austen.com/
Though many people might only see her work as simple and romantic, she has subtly embedded many controversial concepts within her works. It's daring, brilliant, and quite educational.

2 comments:

  1. Yes. What a great start to your blog. Thanks. AQ (PS I like Jane, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I share a lot of the same thoughts you have on story-writing and poetry. I prefer to write fiction as well because it's just incredible to be able to create your own universe and control everything within it. Poetry is definitely a very powerful way of getting certain messages across, and that's what I try to do with each one I write. I too have a bunch of novels I wish to write and have published. My dream is to write a novel, and have it become a movie on the silver screen.

    ReplyDelete